If you have arrived here from the talented Abbie's Blog then you are right on track! If you happened by just to see me, then you are in for a real treat and can join in on our Blog Hop for Sassy Studio Designs May Releases for a chance to win free digi stamps - just go over to the Sassy Studio Designs Blog to get started! You have until Wednesday night to complete the hop for your chance to win a Grand Prize of 3 BRAND NEW SSD images or 2 other chances of winning 1 BRAND NEW SSD image just for leaving love on the DT blogs. The grand prize winner will be chosen from the Sassy Studio Designs comments, the other 2 images from two radomly chosen DT blogs, but you must comment on all the DT blogs for a chance to win. There are 8 Brand New Images being released!
For this hop I was asked to use the brand new KATNISS SASSY ON FIRE image. Katniss is from the movie/books The Hunger Games, but as you know I still have not read the books or seen the movie so I made a card using the image for a regular card. This image is so versitile and GEORGEOUS that she does not have to be used as the character from the movie/book. When I recieived the image I was blown away with how beautiful she is and I could not wait to get my Copics out. I decided to get a little adventurous and go a little out of my realm with this image. I won't say more other than the dress alone took me 3 hours to colour till I got it the way I wanted it, take a look and honestly tell me what you think of the dress/card.....
* Image: Sassy Studio Designs, Katniss Sassy on Fire (just click on this link to buy her)
* Copic Xpress Paper and Laser Printer
* Copic Markers (colours listed below)
* 5 x 6.5 card and envelope
* Patterned Papers: BoBunny, Enchanted + My Minds Eye, Lost & Found Christmas
* Flowers: Creative Memories, Black & White Power Palette Paper Flowers
* ColorBox Chalk: Charcoal (for around Patterned Papers, Sentiment & Card) + Lipstick Red for around the sentiment)
* Sentiment: The Greeting Farm Apecial Autumn Set
* Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (to stamp sentiment)
* I*ROCK Tool and Teeny Tiny Clear Gems x 2 (one for an earring & 1 for a ring on her finger)
* I*ROCK Sugar Red Gems x 2 (one on the inside of each paper flower)* 3D Pop Dots (for Katniss & Sentiment)
* Glue Dots (to attach flowers)
Here is a closeup of the coloured image to see the colours used & the folds in the dress.....
COPIC COLOURS USED:
* SKIN: E11, E00, E000
* HAIR: E29, E27, E25, E23
* EYES: B14, B12
* LIPS: R37, R35, R32
* DRESS: W7, R89, R59, R39, R37
I think this may be my shortest Copic list yet! Who would have think you can colour a card with out using ALL your markers LOL!
So what do you think? Please comment on how you like the card and the dress, did I get it right? I am very pleased with this card, don't even know if I have the heart to give it away to someone LOL.
Also for this hop we were asked to use flowers on our project and also tell you what our favorite flower is. My favorite flower is a DAISY, and of the Daisy family I just LOVE the GERBER DAISIES and you know me, it would have to be a PINK Gerber Daisy. Here is a picture for you to see this beautiful flower....
Be sure to continue on the hop and head over to Mary's Blog to see what fantasic project she has completed!
In case you get lost along the way on the hop, here is a list of all the ladies joining in on the fun. Remember you have until Wendesady night to complete the hop =)
- SSD http://sassystudiodesigns.blogspot.com/
I would like to enter this card into the following Challenges:
* Anything Goes Challenge #67: Black with one other colour (I used Black and Red)
* For Fun Challenge: Use Flowers
* Truly Scrumptious Challenge #80: Anything Goes
* Whimsy Stamps Challenge #39: Anything Goes
* Cute Card Thursday Challenge #217: A Touch of Sparkle (I have "sparkle" for her ring & earring)
* Little Miss Muffet Challenge #35: Anything Goes
* Moving Along with the Times: Keep It Real
* Card Makin Mamas: May Flowers
Until next time, keep crafting!