Christmas Countdown:

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Turtles through the year!

REVISION ADDED 02-01-2012:  I WON, I WON @ For Fun Challenges!!!! So VERY Happy!  Thank you For Fun Challenges for choosing my Turtle Calendar as your winner!

Hello there!  I know that you read the title and are wondering what I mean, right? ......... Well I am not talking about the chocolates, I am talking about a keepsake calendar that I made using all turtle images for a friend of mine that is in LOVE with TURTLES (crazy is probably a better way to describe it,lol).

Just to prepare you, you may want to go get a cup of joe or some cocoa as this will be a lengthy post =), I sure hope that you take the moment to go through the whole post........ so once your ready, here we go!

Here is a picture of the actual calendar, this is the front of the calendar;
 As you can see the calendar was a Christmas present. The Year of Memories Keepsake Calendar is a 6x6 top and bottom.  I pulled out my Quickutz Holiday set and cut out the Merry Christmas and the pine trees to decorate the front a little bit (and to hide the logo on the front of the calendar).  I took my Sakura sparkly pen and coloured in the "Keepsake Calendar" wording to give it some bling and I also put a little dot using the pen over the black dots that were on the design of the calendar front.

Here is a photo of the back of the calendar where they gave you space to put your name on it under the "Handcrafted By" section. Again here I used my Sakura sparkly pen and blinged up the words.

All the turtle images you are about to see are from Bugaboo Digi Stamps and they all were so fun and easy to colour. All the turtles "bodies" are coloured in the same copic coulours throughout: YG97, YG95 & YG93, so under each picture I will only note the shell colours and any other colours used on the month's picture.

We will start off with JANUARY(of course)....here is a photo of the whole page open so you can see what the calendar would look like hanging on the wall, but I am only showing this style of picture this month as the post will be long just showing you the adorable tutles =). For each month I put a co-ordinating cardstock or printed paper on the bottom part of the calendar to tie it all together as I did not have calendar months small enough to put in that space. For wach calendar month I used my "Quickutz Calendar Months Cookie Cutters Set" as you will see in each month photo and all cardstock is from Michaels Recollection 8.5x11 cardstock packs.

JANUARY Turtle...he is so cute in his toque and scarf!
BACKGROUND PAPER:  BoBunny Snowfall 6x6 Collection
DIE CUT: Spellbinders Nestabilities Circles

Here is a close up of the colouring...
COPIC COLOURS USED:
Foot Pads:  E44, E43, E42
Shell:  E44, E43, E42, E41 + Sakura clear star pen
Hat & Scarf: B97, B95, B93, B91
Snow:  BG000, B0000

FEBRUARY Turtle...Do you feel the Love?
BACKGROUND PAPER:  BoBunny 6x6 Crazy Love Collection 
DIE CUT: Spellbinders Nestabilities Lacey Circles + Sakura Rose Pen
Here is a close up of the colouring...
COPIC COLOURS USED:
Foot Pads:  E44, E43, E42
Shell:  E43, E42, E41, E40
Vase:  R85, R83, R81 + Sakura Glaze Pen
Roses:  R39, R37, R35, R32, YG67, YG63, YG61
Hearts:  R37, R35, R32

MARCH Turtle...Do you feel like some Green Beer?
 BACKGROUND PAPER:  Echo Park 6x6 Holly Jolly Christmas 
DIE CUT: Spellbinders Nestabilities Ovals

Here is a close up of the colouring...
COPIC COLOURS USED:
Foot Pads:  E44, E43, E42
Shell:  E44, E43, E42, E41
Clovers:  G17, G16, G14
Top hat & Buckle:  G17, G16, G14, C7, C5, C3 + Sakura Goldstar & Clear Star pens

APRIL Turtle...So cute dressed up as the Easter Bunny!
 BACKGROUND PAPER:  Creative Memories Celebration 8x8 Max kit
DIE CUT: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Eleven

Here is a close up of the colouring...
COPIC COLOURS USED:
Foot Pads:  E44, E43, E42
Shell:  E44, E43, E42, E41
Bunny Ears:  C5, C3, C1, R83, R81
Grass:  YG67, YG63, YG61
Paint Splatters & Eggs:  Y15, Y13, Y11, R85, R83, R23, R21, YG07, YG05, V17, V15, YR16, YR14

MAY Turtle...This is my friends Birthday month so I decided to make the page reflect her =)
BACKGROUND PAPER:  BoBunny 6x6 Sweet Tooth Collection
DIE CUT: Spellbinders Nestabilities Circle

Here is a close up of the colouring... 
COPIC COLOURS USED:
Foot Pads:  E44, E43, E42
Shell:  E44, E43, E42, E41 + Sakura Clear Star pen
Birthday Hat, Horn & Balloons: B16, B14, B12, R85, R83, R81

JUNE Turtle...All the flowers are blooming and Summer is on it's way!
BACKGROUND PAPER:  6x6 paperpack I got at my local Dollar store
DIE CUT: Spellbinders Nestabilities Circle + Lacey Circle

Here is a close up of the colouring... 
COPIC COLOURS USED:
Foot Pads:  E43, E42, E41
Shell:  E43, E42, E41, E40
Lady Bug:  C9, C7, C5, R37, R35, R32
Flowers:  V17, V15, V12, R85, R83, R81, E44, E42, YG09, YG05 

JULY Turtle...This month is by far my favorite from the whole calendar.  My friend is Canadian but she has many friends and some family members that are American so I wanted to be sure to show off both countries for this month and I think I nailed it! (tootin' my own horn, LOL toot toot!!)
BACKGROUND PAPER:  Jillibean Soup 6x6 Christmas Eve Chowder
DIE CUT: Spellbinders Nestabilities Circle

Here is a close up of the colouring...  
 
COPIC COLOURS USED:
Foot Pads:  E43, E42, E41
Shell:  E43, E42, E41
Canadian Flag:  R29, R27, R24
American Flag:  R29, R27, R24, B39, B37, C3

AUGUST Turtle...Summer has arrived, lets go to the beach!
BACKGROUND PAPER:  Creative Memories Celebration 8x8 Max kit. This paper was perfect for this month!
DIE CUT: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Eight

Here is a close up of the colouring...
 
COPIC COLOURS USED:
Foot Pads:  E44, E43, E42, E41
Shell:  E44, E43, E42, E41
Umbrella:  B16, B14, B12, R29, R27, R24, E37, E35
Pail:  B16, B14, B12
Shovel:  R29, R27, R24
Sand:  E33, E31, E30
Visor:   B16, B14, B12 

SEPTEMBER Turtle...The leaves are begining to change..
 
BACKGROUND PAPER:  Creative Memories Harvest 8x8 paper pack
DIE CUT: Spellbinders Nestabilities Lacey Circle

Here is a close up of the colouring... 
 
COPIC COLOURS USED:
Foot Pads:  E44, E43, E42, E41
Shell:  E44, E43, E42, E41
Bird:  C9, C7, C5, YR12, Y15
Leaves:  R08, R05, R02, YG67, YG63, YG61, E35, E33 

OCTOBER Turtle...I know that in Canada we celebrate Thanksgiving in October but I really wanted to do a Halloween page for my friends calendar, and with her having friends and family in the USA I figured I can do Thanksgiving in November and Halloween in October, plus I just love this image of the turtle.
 
BACKGROUND PAPER:  Creative Memories Halloween 12x12 addition
DIE CUT: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Eleven

Here is a close up of the colouring...  
 
COPIC COLOURS USED:
Foot Pads:  E44, E43, E42, E41
Shell:  E44, E43, E42
Pumpkin:  YR18, YR16, YR14, YR12, Y17, Y15
Eye Patch:  C9, C7
Sward & Strap:  C9, C7, C5, C3, C1
Bandana:  C9, C7, C5, YR18, YR16 

NOVEMBER Turtle...Give thanks!
BACKGROUND PAPER:  Creative Memories Harvest 8x8 paper pack
DIE CUT: Spellbinders Nestabilities Circle

Here is a close up of the colouring... 
 
COPIC COLOURS USED:
Foot Pads:  E44, E43, E42
Shell:  E44, E43, E42, E41
Pumpkin:  YR18, YR16, YR14, E37, E35, E33, YG67, YG63, YG61
Hat:  C9, C7, C5, E42, E41, E40 + Sakura Goldstar pen
Leaves, Flower, Corn & Apple:  R08, R05, R02, YR12, Y19, Y15, E37, E35, E33, YG67, YG63, YG61, R29, R27, R24

DECEMBER Turtle...HO HO HO, the man in Red is on his way!
 
BACKGROUND PAPER:  My Minds Eye 6x6 12 Days of Christmas
DIE CUT: Spellbinders Nestabilities Lacey Square 

Here is a close up of the colouring... 
 
COPIC COLOURS USED:
Foot Pads:  E44, E43, E42
Shell:  E44, E43, E42, E41
Present: R37, R35, R32, G07
Santa Hat: R39, R37, R35 + Sakura White Glaze Pen
Candy Cane:  r37, r35 + Sakura White Glaze Pen
Holly:  G28, G07, G24

And here is a view of the final page in the calender.  I wanted to show you this one as I added a HO HO HO HO HO cutout from my Quickutz Holiday Set on the bottom portion of the calendar.

So that is my calender, what did you think? 

Again I am sorry for the long post but I am so proud of this calendar that I wanted to show it to you! 

When I was out and about shopping this past weekend at one of my local scrapbook stores, I found more of these calendars and bought all their stock, got 4 more! whoo hoo,  I can't wait to get to work on them for gifts this coming Christmas for my friends (not going to name names), but I will have to keep one just for me, so I have 3 gifts to work on this year =)

Please feel free to leave a comment as I love to hear from you.  Thanks for reading my post and I hope you enjoyed it.


I would like to enter this calendar in the following challenges:

* My Sheri Crafts Challenge-77 (new things) this calendar is new for 2012

* For Fun Challenges (lots of fun - farm animals) well I did the whole TURTLE farm!  Saw a turtle farm in Florida so I know they are out there lol!

* Simon Says Stamps Challenge (anything goes)

*Sweet Stamin Challenge Blog (animals) well I guess I would have to say TURTLE!



Until next time, keep crafting!
Shari

12 comments:

  1. This is a WONDERFUl WONDERFUL gift!!! And what a marvelous job you did on that calendar!!!! The images are terrific and I'm sure your friend was thrilled! Excellent job!!! And lots of work too!!! Thanks for sharing with For Fun Challenges!!!! That was FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL yeah there are turtles on the farm- if theres a pond. On our farm there is. This is a super idea. I so love Bugaboo images, and this turtle is a charm. Thanks so much for sharing with us here at FOr fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness this is so cute!! I love those turtles. They are so adorable all dressed up for each month!! What a great calendar!! Thank you for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog.
    xoxo, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I didn't know they had a turtle for each month! What a wonderful idea to make them into a calendar....I love it!!!

    Thanks for playing with us at For Fun Challenge with making a "farm animal" project.
    Hope you will come back tomorrow when our new challenge is posted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shari, greetings from Northern Ontario. What a wonderful calendar. You did such a fantastic job. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea, super images. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fabulous idea for a calendar and you have put so much work into it! Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lucky friend you have! I love turtles, too, and I'm SO impressed with your calendar. :) I'm so glad you decided to enter it into our For Fun Challenge of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful calender ;o)
    Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.

    Janneke XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautifully creative and so thoughtful for your friend! She is going to love it!!

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have you checked out For Fun Challenges!! You just might want to do that!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!! What a great calendar!!!!! Wonderfull!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...