Today I have something very special to share with you! As you are aware, I am on the DT for Sassy Studio Designs and they are having a special challenge for you over on their Paper Craft Planet (PCP) site and offering you a FREE image of "Effie Trinket, from The Hunger Games" for 48 Hours (until Monday, May 7th at 9am EST) for you to use for this special challenge.
I think I may be the only person on this planet that has not read or seen the movie "The Hunger Games", so I was uncertain as to how to complete this challenge. After seeing this gorgeous image and how elegant she looks, I decided to make a very girlie card to showcase Effie. If there is anyone else out there like me, and not know anything about the real Effie, I wanted to show you that she can be used for everyday cards too because she is so beautiful =)
Pop on over to the PCP site to get your FREE Effie while she is available, then pop over to the Sassy Studio Designs blog for to see all the DT's inspiring samples as well as all the details on the challenge so you can join in. There is an amazing prize for the winner of this challenge, the winner will receive TWO images from the upcoming release! They are brand new, never before seen and the winner will receive them before they are even released to the public on May 19th! Sounds awesome right?!?!
But before you go, check out my card of Effie below.....
* Image: Sassy Studio Designs, Effie Trinket
* Copic Xpress Paper and Laser Printer
* Copic Markers (colours listed below)
* 5x6.5 card & envelope
* Patterned Paper: Teresa Collins 6x6 Paper Pad, Everyday Moments
* Cardstock: Michaels Recollections 8.5x11 Paper packs
* Cuttlebug Embossing Folder: Swiss Dots
* Close To My Heart Liquid Glass (for sentiment, eyes, lips, flowers on Effie and her ring)
* Paper Flowers & Bling: Michaels $1.50 Bin
* Center of Flower: this was an ivory bling fromMichaels Recollections which I coloured with my Copic Marker B99 to match the coloured outfit.
* Glamour Girl Sentiment: Creative Memories Sticker that I mounted on cardstock then lathered with liquid glass to make it like an epoxy sticker =)
* Sakura Gelly Roll Clear Star Pen
* 3D Pop Dots to pop Effie
* Glue Dots (to adhear paper flowers and to add flower center)
Here is a closeup of Effie's colours.....
COPIC COLOURS USED:
* SKIN: E11, E00, E000
* EYES: E47, E44
* LIPS: RV34, RV32
* HAIR: E49, E47, E44
* BLUES: B99, B97, B95
* YELLOWS: Y17, Y15, Y13
* RING: Sakura Gelly Roll Clear Star Pen + Liquid Glass
I sure hope that you enjoyed my card today, and will pop on over to the PCP site to get your FREE Effie while she is available, and then pop over to Sassy Studio Designs blog for all the details on the challenge and to join in for your chance to win 2 FREE brand new images before they are available to the public!
I would like to enter this card into the following chalenges:
* Jelly Park Challenges- Girlie Girl Challenge
* Cupcake Inspirations Challenge #158 - Photo Inspiration
* Kaboodle Doodles Challenge #117 - Add Some Dimension
* Make It Monday- Always Anything Goes
* Cutiepie Chalenge #17- Monochromatic
* Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
* Shopping our Stash - Monther's Day or anything Girly (I went with Girly)
* Craft Us Crazy Challenge #26 - Inspire Us, Use Favorite Stamp Company
* Whimsy Stamp Challenge #37 - Spots and Dots (my embossed yellow background)
I love to hear from you, so please leave a comment if you have time.
Until next time, keep crafting!