Christmas Countdown:

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Graduate - SSD Sponsorship Team

Hello blogland and welcome!  Today I have a card to show that I made for the new challenge over at Tuesday Alchemy that Sassy Studio Designs is sponsoring this week, and the challenge theme is: "Learn With Joy".

The card I am going to show you is a card I was asked to make by one of my very most favorite person - my friend Karen.  Her son Bailey has graduated from Grade 8 and is shortly going off to high school - her little baby is all grown up!  The only questions I asked Karen before starting this card was what were his school colours and I was told Blue, Red and White and here is what I came up with....

Here is a look at the inside....
SUPPLIES USED:
* Copic Xpress Paper & Kodak Hero Printer
* 5.5x6 Card & Envelope
* Patterned Paper:  JilliBean Soup Christmas Eve Chowder 6x6 Paper Pad
* Cardstock: from my scraps
* EK Notebook Boarder Punch
* Congrats Sentiment: freebie paper sentiments from a UK Magazine
* Inside Sentiment: Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps, Snips & Snails Stamp Set
* ColorBox Chalk: Charcoal
* CreativeMemories Square Punch to makeflag look on the inside sentiment
* Zig Glue Pen
* 3D Pop Dots
* ATG


Here is a close up of the image to see the Copic colours used....
COPIC COLOURS USED:
* SKIN:  E11, E00, E000
* HAIR:  E49, E59, E25
* EYES:  E25
* LIPS:  E11
* ROBE & CAP:  R59, R39, R37, R35
* TASSEL:  B39, B37, B34
* PANTS:  W9, W7, W5
* SHOES:  W7, W5, W1, W00, B37 (laces)
* SHIRT:  W3, W1, W00
* DIPLOMA:  R59, R39, R37, R35, B39, B37, B34, W3, W1, W00, 0
* GROUND:  W5, W3, W1

I had originally planned to show you a picture of my friend Karen's son Bailey, however my silly laptop is not allowing me to crop and edit the photos that I was sent to use.  The reason I chose this image to use for Bailey's Grad card is because the image looks sooo much like him - just was a perfect image to use!

I hope that you enjoyed this post and maybe I even inspired you to create a project and enter the challenge at Tuesday Alchemy!

Until Next Time, Keep Crafting!
Hugs;
Shari

10 comments:

  1. Shari, this is great! I love the colors and your coloring is fabulous. Awesome idea to use that star paper and star punches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute!! Love the colors, so vibrant!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Tuesday Alchemy!! Hope you enjoyed the blog hop!!

    Cheers!
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool ~ I am sure Bailey (and Karen) liked it very much. Socks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baily will love this card...very cool and love his school colors. Great coloring as well.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  5. The coloring job is fabulous and I love that you took the time to make a layout for the inside as well! Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Alchemy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant card! You did an awesome job with the colouring of the image.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Tuesday Alchemy *hug* Shell x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful inside and out =)

    Thank you so much for joining us this week at Tuesday Alchemy!
    Hugs Katya x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the card and so did Bailey.
    Thanks Shari as always you did a fantasitic job on it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...