Christmas Countdown:

Saturday, August 25, 2012

4 Months Till Christmas Fun Blog Hop!

Did you know it is  only 4 months today till CHRISTMAS!!!!  I am getting so excited! Cannot wait to decorate my house and wrap presents!  I just love how everything is all sparkly and bright at Christmas!

As you know, on the 25th of each month I run a little fun hop showing 2 Christmas cards - 1 card/project created with a colour medium and 1 card/project created with a die cut of some kind. The reason that I started this hop is so that I was not too stressed out in December rushing to get all my cards made in time to hand out to my family and friends.  This way I will have 22 cards made by the end of November, yeah!  It is never to late to get an early start on your cards too so I hope that our fun hop might inspire you to get started on your Christmas cards early too =)

Before I show you my Christmas cards for this month, first I have a Christmas Candy winner to annouce from last months hop.......and the winner is (chosen by Random.org).... SHELBY (http://shelbycolorofhappy.blogspot.ca/) ...Shelby CONGRATULATIONS!!!, please contact me via e-mail (shari.green@live.ca) with your mailing information and I will send out your Christmas present! 

If you are following our Christmas Hop, then you should have arrived here from my very good friend Sara's Blog.  If you just popped by my blog today to see what I have been up to and would like to follow the hop, feel free to start at the beginning at Kerry's blog so that you don't miss out on all the ladies fabulous creations this month!

My first card I am going to show you is my colour medium card made using Copic Markers (of course).....

Here is a picture of the inside of the card...
SUPPLIES USED:
* 4.5 x 5 Card & Envelope
* Image: Mo's Digital Pencil, In the Manger
* Copic Xpress Paper and Kodak Hero Printer
* Patterned Paper:  My Minds Eye, On the Bright Side 6x6 Paper Pad
* White Cardstock:  Michaels Recollections 8.5x11 Paper Pack
* Outside Sentiment:  My Favorite Things, In a Manger Stamp Set
* Inside Sentiment:  Kraftin' KimmieStamps, Christmas Interior Sentiments
* Ink:  Memento Bamboo Leaves
* ColorBox Chalk:  Olive Pastel
* Boarder Punch:  EK Success
* Ribbon:  Red Satin 5/8 from my local $ Store
* Pearls:  from my local $ Store
*ATG

Here is a close up of the image to show you the Copic colours used....
COPIC COLOURS USED:
* SKIN:  E11, E00, E000
* HAIR:  E25, E23, E31, E50
* WINGS:  C1, C00
* ANGEL'S CLOTHES:  R46, R24
* BLANKET: YG99,YG97,YG95
* STRAW:  E33, YR23, Y17,Y11
* MANGER:  E39, E37, E35
* GROUND:  E40, E44, E43, E42, E41

Here is my second card using my die cut (punch) and embossing folder....
SUPPLIES USED:
* 4.5 x 5 Card & Envelope
* Cuttlebug
* Cuttlebug Embossing Folder:  Sleding
* Snowflake Punch: Martha Stewart
* Cardstock:  Coredinations Core Color Turquoise (one side is black, one side is turquoise)
* Sanding Block (to enhance the turquoise colour showing through)
* 3 x Turquoise Small Brads (from my stash)
* 3 x Bling for inside of Snowflakes (from my stash)
* Ink:  Studio G Turquoise from Michaels $1.50 bin (for around the card)
* Glue Dots
* ATG

Here is the complete hop list in case you get lost along the way...
1.) Kerry
2.) Tara
3.) Sara  
4.) Shari (you are here!) 
5.) Tara 
6.) Heather 
7.) Mary 
8.) Lora (Special Guest this month - from One Crazy Stamper!) 

Here is a picture of my two cards I made for this months hop, whoo hoo I now have 16 cards so far to handout at Christmas time!

I hope that you enjoyed today's post, and it is now time to head over to the very talented Tara's Blog to see what she has made to show you.  I hope that I may have inspired you to get started on your Christmas cards too? I would love to hear from you if you have time to leave me a comment.

Until Next Time, Keep Crafting!
Shari


14 comments:

  1. These are just beautiful!! I so love the digi! It is just precious!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Shari. Fabulous colouring and love your embossed card too.
    Sorry I couldn't join you this month.
    Hugs Sally xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shari - two fabulous cards - love that beautiful image on the first and the embossing on the second is awesome. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your first card is beautiful! Love it. You can color! So happy to be on the hop with you.


    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for getting two more Christmas cards done! Your colouring is amazing...I love how you shaded to define the noses. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous. I love how the manager turned out. The details on the card make it the center of attention. And your die cut card is amazing as always. I was so happy that I got to craft my card with you this month :) Socks!!! Oh, and reindeer is for September now....almost finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are gorgeous as usual :) I love the manger, such a super sweet image and of course coloured to perfection! 2 more cards to knock off your list...woohoo!

    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards Shari! You did an amazing job with your copic card. Thanks for the inspiration and including me in your blog hop.
    Kerry

    mommakcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both are gorgeous...love the copic colouring!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love love love them both the image u used is supper adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your cards. Especially the adorable angel looking in the manger one. TFS.
    dmcardmaker (at AOL)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoohoo! Aren't I the lucky chica! I'll shoot you an email shortly.

    Both of these cards are wonderful. Really love the traditional colors and image in the first one and of course it's beautifully colored.
    Love the embossing of the second one with a bit of turquoise popping through. Great work

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh these are wonderful love the black one it's so prefect for a guy :) TFS hugs Nikki C

    ReplyDelete
  14. That Mo Manning image is so sweet, and you've coloured it up beautifully. The embossed card is stunning. What a great idea. Thank you for having these monthly Christmas card hops. Super inspiration and ideas. Just need to get cracking on my own cards now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...