The card I have to show you today I started out making for one challenge in particular but as I was making it, colours changed and design was changed etc. to reflect a few other challenges too. Right now the House Mouse Challenge Blog is hosting a Blog Hop/Challenge all in one! The theme is LOVE (with at least 2 Hearts-my paper I used is COVERED in hearts, he he he) and all you have to do is complete the blog hop they have up and leave a comment on each DT's blog, and also enter a card in the LOVE themed challenge and then you have a chance to win 1 of 5 prizes, and let me tell you, there are some AMAZING prized to be had! Fingers crossed!
Another challenge that I aimed this card towards is Simon Says Stamps Challenges as they have DT insirational samples for you to see featuring House Mouse Designs and they are encouraging you to use them too if you have them! Their theme this week is ANIMAL ANTICS! You do not have to use a House Mouse Design stamp any animal will do, and they have an AMAZING prize this week too! Toes crossed for this one!
Well lets get to on to my card. I am so happy with this card, it is a little simple for me but I love it! Here is a photo of the card;
SUPPLIES USED:* 5x6.5 White Card and Envelope
* House Mouse Designs Stamp; Special Delivery 02
* Copic X-Press paper
* Copic Markers (even got to use one of the NEW colours!)
* Momento Tuxedo Black Ink for the mice and sentiment
* Printed Heart Flower Paper is from the 6x6 BoBunny Crazy Love Collection
* Pink Cardstock is from Michaels Recollection 8.5x11 paper pack
* Creative Memories Brown Liquid Chalk to outline all papers and card
* Close to my Heart Enjoy Every Moment set for the sentiment "Enjoy Every Moment"
* Pink Ribbon from Michaels
* Sakura Clear Glaze Pen
* 1/8" Hole Punch
Here is a closeup of the cute, adorable little mice inside the mailbox;
* Mailbox: C9, C7, C5, C3, C1, C00, 0
* Mailbox Post: E27, E25, E23
* Flower Stems & Leaves: YG67, YG63, YG61
* Rain Drops: BG11, BG10 + Sakura Clear Glaze Pen
* Flowers: R56, R85, R83, R81
(TIP: did you notice that I used the NEW R56 colour here? It blends AMAZINGLY with the R85 family!!!! I bet it would even blend with the R89 to pull all the R's in this series together!)
* Center of Large Flower: dots of W7, W5
* Mice, from Left to Right
1.) E37, E35, E33
2.) W3, W1, W00
3.) E27, E25, E23
4.) W7, W5, W3
When you see this card in person the Sakura Clear Glaze Pen looks soooo nice on the rain drops and really brings them alive with a high gloss and looks like real rain drops falling. I was so happy when I coloured this image. When I was looking at my new Copic colours trying to use them on this project, I notice the R56 and I was so impressed with how well it blended into the R85 family, you should give it a try, you won't be disapointed. This new colour can grow your Copic families so much between the reds and the pinks!
I hope that you liked this post and please feel free to comment. If you know any other Copic blendings using non-family colours, feel free to let me know! I love playing with my copics and would love to try a new/funky colour family =)
I would also like to enter the following challenges, other than the two I mentioned above in my post;
* There She Goes Clear Stamps TSG141 Insiration Photo Challenge (loved the pink flowers in the photo and had to do pink too!)
* Do you Stack Up DYSU#57-Anything Goes
* Drunken Stampers Challenge #82-Something New (my something new is my BoBunny paper pack - I LOVE BOBUNNY!!)
* Whimsical Designs Challenge #41-Bring Out the Old (my OLD is my Enjoy Every Moment sentiment. I purchased this set a LOVG while back and had never used it yet.)
* Craft Us Crazy Challenge #20-Anything Goes
* Top Tip Tuesday Challenge #69-Valentines (Perfect Valentine for my mom cause there is 4 mice; Mom, Dad, Brother and Me! - also I have noted a TIP in my copic colours used =)
Thanks for taking the time to visit me today, until Next time, Happy Craftin!