Christmas Countdown:

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tilda Birthday Wishes

Hello again!  I hope that you are having a good week so far?!? The weather here is pretty weird, from down right bone chilling cold, then up to 9 degrees (celsius) then back down and flurries.  My body is sooooo not enjoying this up and down temperatures.  Thank goodness Friday is getting closer so that I can be at home and play in my pink palace this weekend wearing my pink snuggie!! LOL

This week another girl at my work, Devi,  is celebrating her birthday.  I made this cute "Tilda with Daffodil" image for her and even tried a new technique! I was so proud of myself as I usually just stick to what I know and afraid to try somehting new incase it turns out poopie, lol. 

Here is a picture of the card....
SUPPLIES USED:
* White A2 card & envelope
* Magnollia Stamp "Tilda with Daffodil"
* Michaels $1.50 bin Birthday Sentiment
* Stampin' Up Melon Mombo Embossing Powder
* Versa Mark Ink
* Heating tool
* Michaels $1.50 bin Yellow pigment Ink (for boarder of sentiment)
* Copic X-Press paper
* Coipic Markers (colours listed below if interested)
* Smooch Spritz - Pink Sprinkles
* SmoochSpritz - Vanilla Shimmer
* Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 8 to make the shape of the card
* Yellow Peeko Ribbon (from my stash-sooo old)
* Pink Ribbon (from my stash)
* Creative Memories Delightful White/Yellow Paper Flower
* The Twinery Yellow/White Twine
* Pink Button (from my stash)
* 3D pop dots
* AGT

The new technique is that I used Smooch Spitz to create my background for this card instead of using a patterned paper  or cardstock (which is not rocket science by any means at all, I was just too afraid to spray this stuff in my pink palace in case I got it everywhere, especially on my image!).  I took out the Spellbinder Nestability that I cut the shape of the card from and layed it on the card, then I taped it down on the outside edges so that it would not move (but it did a bit of course-Murphy's Law right-we are best buds sometimes), then I used one Smooch Spritz then the other Smooch Spritz till I got the effect I was looking for.  I had a few drops that came out instead of a nice fine mist and some ran down in the white area I wanted to keep white (grrr) so then I just grabbed my white gel pen and went over the spots after they were dry and then they were gone (mostly).

Next time I try this again I will use my repositional tape around the whole Spellbinder instead of here and there, as when the paper got damp it started to curl and that is what caused my little drops to run.  I do think that I will definaltely try this again as the glimmer effect that I got was pretty cool =)  Could even spray on patterned paper or cardstock just to add a little bit of pizzaz!

Here is a close up of Tilda and the Copic colours I used.....
COPIC COLOURS USED:
* Skin:  E13,E11,E00 (needed to go for a "brown" skin tone on this card)
* Hair:  W9,W7,W5,E749,
* Shirt:  RV10,RV00,RV000
* Jeans:  B99,B97,B95
* Shoes:  W7,W5,W3,W1,W00
* Daffodil:  YG67,YG63,YG61,Y18,Y15,Y13,Y11



I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (Check them out and play along!);

* Birthday Sundaes Challenge #40
(birthday word/sentiment on front of card)

* My Sheri Crafts Challenge #77
(new technique, new for Christmas, new new new)

* Sundays with Crissy Challenge #25 
(Beat the Mid-Winter Blues) I used happy spring colours =)

* My Time Made Easy Pretty Palette #44-Pink, Daffoldil & Melon
(Pink-my shirt, Daffoldil-flowers, twine and ribbon, Melon-background)

* Inky Impressions Challenges IIC42
(Shape it up! Any Shape but a square) my shape is Spellbinders Labels 8 =)

* Charisma Cardz Challenge #2
(Clean & Simple)

* Truly Scrumptious Challenge #72
(Something forgotten) my yellow ribbon
I hope that you enjoyed this post and will be back to see more cards soon =)    I always love to hear from you so feel free to leave a comment.

Please let me know if you know of a better way to use the Smooch Sprtiz other than the way I mentioned above, I know there has got to be an easier way to do it with out dripping into the areas you want to keep "clean", right??

Till next time, keep crafting!
Shari

21 comments:

  1. Lovely card with a beautiful Tilda. Bravo !

    Thanks for joining us at Charimas this week.

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the shape and how this sweetie is sitting on the ribbon! Sweet! Thanks for joining us at MTME pretty palette this week! I hope that you will join us again! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your background, playing with spray mists is so much fun!! Your card is delightful, and your coloring is stunning! Thanks for playing with us at Sundays with Crissy.
    P.S. Love your name!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your little Tilda card, the colors are so nice! So glad you could join us at Inky Impressions! Hope to see you next week!

    Tracy Valure

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute Magnolia Thanks for joining in the Inky Impression fun this week. Stop by next week to see if you are a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Shari, love how she is sitting on the ribbon, thanks for joining us at inky impressions. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such an adorable card Shari. Thank you so much for joining us for our “Shape It Up” Challenge over at Inky Impressions Challenges. I hope you have a wonderful week and good luck.

    Hugs
    Shannin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card - love the sweet Tilda image and fab card shape.
    Thanks for sharing it with us at Charisma this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwwwww! Love this! :) Thank you for joining us at Charisma this week :) Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your coloring and you've just a fantastic card!

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous Birthday card and I love how you repeated the flower she's holding with your flower embellishment! Thanks for sharing with us @ My Sheri Crafts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great card tilda looks fab sat on the ribbon thanks so much for joining us at truly scrumptious this week
    hugs sara x

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute!!! Love your how Tilda is sitting on your ribbon. Fantastic job with the color palette! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Pretty Color Palette.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable image and card!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the coloring on the image - she is just so cute~
    ~ rubber hugz ~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card! Your coloring is superb! Thanks for playing our Pretty Palette challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is gorgeous, Shari! I love your background and great design, and Tilda is adorable! Wonderful colours too! Hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Shari gorgeous sweet Tilda creation..thanks for stopping by & entering my HM blog hop candy you will have to submit a HM creation on the chall blog to qualify for the draw.

    smiles Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  19. gorgeous card and thank you for stopping by my blog on your HM blog hop, look forward to seeing your HM creation on the challenge site to be in with a chance of the candy
    hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very very cute! Thanks for joining MSC
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so pretty and I love your flower!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...