Christmas Countdown:

Monday, January 9, 2012

Toronto Maple Leaf Birthday Card

HOLY MOLY, 2 posts in 1 day!  Be sure to scroll down to my previous post after reading this one :)

As you know from my profile, you can see that I am from Ontario, Canada - and Im a HUGE Toronto Maple Leaf Fan.  I made this birthday card for my sister-in-law Cathie as she is a TML fan too and this stamp called Melanie, looks a lot like my sister-in-law.

What I LOVE about this stamp from Kraftin`Kimmie is that you can also use this stamp to make a Team Canada jersey too.  Being from Canada it is just a give in that you have to LOVE hockey, and I do! :)  I think it is pretty cool too that the CN Tower is in the background.

And here is Cathie`s Birthday Card....
 SUPPLIES USED:
* Stamp: Melanie by Kraftin` Kimmie
* Copic Paper
* Tuxedo Black Memento Ink
* Copic Markers (colours listed below)
* Spellbinders Circles
* Spellbinders Lacey Circles
* Michaels Recollections cardstock
* Creative Memories Patterned Papper from the Winter Addition
* Michaels $1.50 Bin Happy Birthday sentiment + sister sentiment
* Close to my Heart Star Spangled Blue Ink
*Sakura GLAZE pen
* 3D pop dots for image and sentiment

A closer look at Melanie`s colours....
 
 COPIC COLOURS USED:
SKIN:  E11,E00,E000
HAIR:  YR23,YR21,Y21
MOUTH:  C7,R24,R22
PANTS & PURSE: E42,E41,E40
SHOES:  C9,C7,C5
TORONTO MAPLE LEAF JERSEY: B26,B24,B21
CN TOWER AND SKYSCRAPERS: C5,C3,C1,C0,0 + glaze pen on all windows
I really enjoyed making this card, and colouring the image. For me the card is kind of plain but I think this image is classy enough to pull it off - GO LEAFS GO!
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (please visit these sites to check out their posts);
* Top Tip Tuesday - No.67, Anything Goes
* Kraftin`Kimmie - No.110, Time to shape Up - use 3 shapes on your card
* Sassy Studio Designs - DTBS 106, Something New - My Stamp is new!
* All That Scaps - Anything Goes, stamp must be sold in their store
* Aud Sentiments Challenge - No.45, Use your scraps (ALL my papers from my scrap box)
 I hope that you enjoyed this post as much as I enjoyed making this card :)  I`d love to hear from you so feel free to comment if you like, what is your favorite NHL Team?
Until next time, Happy Crafting!
Shari

9 comments:

  1. totally adorable Shari!!!
    she reminds me of the Mary Tyler Moore show! I just dated myself! lol
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific card! Great coloring! Thanks for joining us at Sassy Studio Designs! :)
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's adorable. You amaze me, BFF, with your creativity every time. Love & miss you! Hope to see you soon. Hugs!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card! Love the blues you've used and the image is colored up perfectly.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card! Love your coloring on her and the paper is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card. I love her expression of jubilation !!! Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday this week. Annette xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card and great image too - beautifully coloured.

    Thanks for joining us over at Top Tip Tuesday for our 'Anything Goes' Challenge and don't forget we also give a prize to the best Top Tipper - see TTT for details on how to win!

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh My, isn't this just the loveliest new year creation? I simply adore your style and choice of colors too! Thanks so much for joining us here at Top Tip Tuesday challenge and I wish you to join us all year in 2012!
    Hugs and best wishes!
    Tammy Louise

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super card. Great use of your scraps. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments this time. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...