Did you know April 5th is "Go For Broke Day"? This week we've got a fun Dare to Be Sassy Thursday challenge for you over at Sassy Studio Designs, it's to make an extravagant card, using more than one patterned paper and lots of embellishments (especially some of those you've been hoarding), so go for broke and use up your embellishments! I hope you will join in the fun this week.
Here is my card that I made to show you using all brown tones...to see any of the pictures larger, just click on the image!.....
Here is a side view to show you the depth of the layers I added......
* Image: Sassy Studio Designs Bubble Bath (retired image, but many other georgeous images in the store)
* Copic X-Press Paper / Laser Printer
* Copic Markers (Colours used listed below)
* 5x6.5 Card & Envelope
* 1st Pattern Paper (flowers): My Minds Eye, Paris & Co. 6x6 Paper Pack
* 2nd Pattern Paper: Basic Grey, Little Black Dress 6x6 Paper Pack
* Brown cardstock from Michaels Recollections 8.5x11 Paper Pack
* Creative Memories 3/4" Square Punch to make flag ends on sentiment
* Ink: Close to My Heart, Chocolate for sentiments and around the edges of papers and card
* Outside Sentiment: Kraftin Kimmie Stamps, from Bridget stamp set
* Inside Sentiment: $1.50 bin at Michaels
* Stripped Paperclip: from local Liquidation center in the office supplies section
* Close to My Heart Chocolate and Mocha Pearls Pack
* Brown Sheer Ribbon from my local $ Store
* Cuttlebug machine & Cuttlebug 5x7 Polka Dot Embossing Folder
* Liquid Accents on some of the bubbles and the puddle for dimension
* 3D Pop Dots
Here is a picture of the inside of the card, I made it so that you can place a gift card inside a pocket as shown in the picture =)...
Here is a close up of the coloured Bubble Bath image.....
* Skin: E11, E00, E000
* Hair: E49, E47, E44, E43
* Lips: R83, R81
* Headband: E42, E41, E40
* Tub: E49, E47, E44, E42, E41,E40
* Bubbles: BV31, 0
* Ground: E40
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
* Simon Says - Use your Favorite Tool: I used a couple, my Copics and my ATG!
* Whimsy Stamps Inspirations Challenge #33 - Use Ribbon
* Moving Along With The Time Challenge #143 - VaVaVaVoom
* Stamp with Fun Challenge #155 - NO Easter Card
* Papertake Weekly Challenge - Anything goes with Option of Monotone Colour (I used Browns)
* Fashionista Challenge - Anything goes for GIRLS
I had so much fun making this card for my first DT challenge, and it turned out more beautiful than I expected, I wish you could see in in real life as the pictures do not do it justice.
I hope that you will pop over to the Sassy Studio Designs Blog to see what my other talented DT memebers created for this challenge, and maybe inspire you to join in the challenge this week.
Until next time, keep crafting!