Christmas Countdown:

Monday, February 6, 2012

Happy Birthday!

Wow Look at me!  Two posts in two days!  lol.

Hope you are doing well today.  Today I want to show you a Birthday card that I made on the weekend while my BFF was over and we were playing in my Pink Palace.

The image I used on this card is one of my newest stamp purchases and I could not wait to get to work on a card using one of the sweet girls that come in this set.  The set is called Sugar and Spice and is part of the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps line and the artis is Cheryl Alger.  In the set you get 3 images of this adorable little girl with a bunch of cute sentiments as well.  There is also a little boy set called Snips and Snails with 3 little boys on it that I have, but you will have to wait to see that set on a later post :)

When I was colouring this image I desided to create a nose using the copic colours.  I am sooooo very HAPPY how the nose on my little girl worked out.  I just kept telling  my BFF that "I love her nose!"  Iguess practice does make perfect using these markers, lol.

Check out my card (and her awesome nose) below....(click on the image to view it larger is you like)
 SUPPLIES USED:
* 5x6.5 White card and envelope
* Copic X-Press paper
* Memento Tuxedo Black ink
* Copic Markers
* Printed papers are all from Simple Stories 6x6 Baby Steps paper pack
* Blue cardstock from Michaels Recollection paper pack
* Stamp is from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps called Sugar & Spice (artist: Cheryl Alger)
* Happy Birthday sentiment is from $1.50 bin at Michaels
* Versa Mark Ink
* Michaels Recollections Clear Bark (Brown) embossing powder
* Martha Stewart Heating Gun
* Catseyes Liquid chalk in Dark Brown & Ice Blue
* Rhinestones x 5 and attached using my I*Rock (3 on dress, 1 for i in Birthday and 1 in the flower)
* Baby Blue Stickles to shimmer up the balloon
* Creative Memories punchs to make the flower: 1" circle punch, 2 different flower punches and the splat punch
* 3D Pop Dots to pop the image
* AGT

Here is a close up of the little darling to see the colouring better (and her nose)........
COPIC COLOURS USED:
* Skin:  E11, E00, E000
* Hair:  E34, YR24, Y26, Y21
* Dress and Shoes:  E49, E47, E44, E43
* Socks, Bow and trim on sleeves:  B01, B00, B000, B0000
* Ground:  G46, G43, G21, E44, E42
* Balloon:  Filled in with Baby Blue Stickles to add a shimmery feel to the card


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

* Sassy Cheryl's Challenge #100 - punch and something shimmery (I used 4 punched for the flowers and my shimmery is my rhinestomes and my stickles


* Whimsy Inspires Challenge #24 - Make your own flowers (I made my fower using 4 different punches)






I hope that you enjoyed this post and will be back to see more soon. 

Until next time, keep crafting!
Shari

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful card,I love the papers and cute image.

    Thanks for joining us in Sassy Cheryl's 100th challenge and good luck in the draw :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Shari, and super sweet image, thanks for joining us at inky impressions. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. . . .this is Stunning, Shari! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those little buttons on her dress. Too stink in' cute.
    Thanks for playing in the Sassy Cheryl's 100th challenge celebration this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my goodness-super cute and I, too, love the way you colored her nose-wonderful!
    I am so glad you joined us this week for Sassy Cheryl's 100th challenge. Wishing you luck on the drawing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable! Beautifully colored and fab paper choices! Thanks for joining us at DYSU.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really wonderful card.
    Thanks for joining us at InkyImpressions this week.

    Domi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card. Fabulous image, great colouring! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable!!! Sassy Cheryl makes some adorable images but you colored this too cute!! Love the color choice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is fantastic. I love these images that SC has done for Kraftin Kimmie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome job with that image and congrats on her nose. :-) Looks great! Love your color choices and the fun design. Thanks so much for joining us at Inky Impressions!
    Tracy
    GD Inkette

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely colour mix

    kitten - DYSU team

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card (and I agree - sweet nose lol!) I love your colour choices and that image is adorable! Thanks for joining our Sundays with Crissy Birthday Challenge! Hugs, Shannah xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cute Shari, what a delightful image I love this card and I like the way you craft and so I am following Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...