Christmas Countdown:

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Raggedy Anne & Andy

Hello there!  Today I have a Valentine's Day card I made for my Mom to show to you  =)

My Mom's  name is Anni but because of her different spelling of her name, everyone for some reason seems to call her Anne so I thought that it would be cute to give her a card with Raggedy Anne on it, so I guess my Dad is now Andy, he he he

Every year since I was a very little girl I would ALWAYS give my Mom a Valentine from me, and even though I am now married and not living at home, the tradition still continues!  My Mom will always be my Valentine no matter what  =)

Here is a picture of my card for Mom....
What do you think of the perfect satin bow?? 
Well here is a little TIP:  I cut a piece of ribbon and made it into a circle and tacked it with a tiny glue dot, then I cut a piece of ribbon just a little longer than the card and put it behind the circle ribbon I made.  Then I took a brad and put the ribbon through the center prongs and tightened them around the ribbon circle & ribbon strand, and Voila! a perfect bow with ribbon for your card =)

SUPPLIES USED:
* 5x6.5 White card and envelope
* Copic X-Press Paper
* Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
* Copic Markers
* Anne and Andy Digi stamp from Melonheadz Illustrating (daily freebies)
* Happy Valentine's Day sentiment from Ink-d-dink-a-doo
* You Are Loved sentiment from Michaels $1.50 bin
* mom sentiment from Close to my Heart
* Pattern Paper is BoBunny 6x6 Enchanted Collection
* Red Cardstock is Textura Bold Paper Pack from my local $Store
* Navy Cardstock is from my scrap bin
* Red Satin Ribbon from my local $Store
* Red matalic hearts (x3) from Imaginisce using my I-ROCK tool to atttach
* Black Brad (unknown source) for center of bow
* Spellbinders Nestabilities Label 8 (for each Anne and Andy + red matting)
* Creative Memories Black Liquid Chalk
* Michaels Recollection Red Liquid Chalk
* AGT
* 3D pop dots for Andy + Anne heart
* Glue Dots to stick brad on to card

Here is a view of the inside sentiment....

Here is a close-up of Anne & Andy......
COPIC COLOURS USED:
* Skin:  E11, E00, E000
* Hair:  R39, R37, R35
* Clothes:  B39, B37, B34, R29, R27, R24
* Andy + Anne Heart:  R29, R27, R24


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

* Digital Tuesday Challenge #145 - Red, Black & White

* Fab 'n Funky Challenge #106 - Use a Digi

* Sassy Studio Designs DTBS#110 - Love is in the air

* Top Tip Tuesday Challenge #69 - Valentine's TIP-how to have a perfect bow using a brad.

* Truly Scrumptious Challenge #73 - Love & Hearts

* Little Miss Muffet Challenge #28 - Valentine's and Love

* By the Cute and Girly February Challenge - Love is in the Air

* One Crazy Stamper - February Challenge, love is in the air
* Sweet Stampin' Challenge - The One I Love

Thank you for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed this post. I will be back very soon with another Birthday card to show you =)

Have a great day and until next time, keep Crafting!
Shari

11 comments:

  1. Whay a lovely and pretty card! Thank you for playing with us over at BTC&G and Good luck! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card. love the bow with the brad too! fab Tip!
    and I am sure your dad won't mind his Name change lol

    Thanks for joining in with us at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge this time, Hope you can come play again soon, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. a very cute card. A great tip that look good too. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a supercute valentines card. I love how you've designed it with a heart inbetween and the ribbon and tied bow on the side. Thanks for playing at Top Tip Tuesday and By the Cute and Girly and good luck. Hope to see you back next tuesday and next month for our new challenges. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That card is super sweet. I love it. Nice idea for the bow too. Thanks for joining us as sweet stampin' this week..Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute card, just love it! Thanks for sharing at LMM Challenges. Good luck and hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs, Frea
    DT Member Little Miss Muffet Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card.

    Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin this week.

    Hope to see you again soon.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so lovely Shari!

    Thank you for joining us for the Valentine's challenge at Little Miss Muffet Stamps!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful, and fab bow too. Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday this week. Annette xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. sweet card! Thanks for sharing your creation on the One Crazy Stamper Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How adorable! I know your mom loved this! Thanks for joining us at Little Miss Muffet Challenges!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...