Christmas Countdown:

Friday, October 7, 2011

Baby Card For Lucas & Chase

Hello there, it's Friday!! Whoo hoo! Happy Thanksgiving weekend to all the Canadians!  The Weather this weekend should be summer-like, so get outside and enjoy before the snow falls!

Today I am going to post a Baby Card that I made for my cousin Richard when he had his baby boy Lucas and also a card I made for my friend Matt when he had his son Chase.  Both images are a Stampavie Baby stamp.

First is Lucas'
Skin: E01, E00 & E000
Pants: BG78, BG75 & BG72
Shirt: Y17, Y15, Y13 & Y11
Diaper: C01 & C0
Eyes and fingernails: used glaze pen to make them shiny
I drew a Onesie on a folded piece of white cardstock putting the seam at the top of the card.  I then traced the pattern on to the printed paper and cut it out with scissors (sorry I do not remember the name of the company for the pattern paper but I purchased it at "Scrapbook Queens" in Mississauga, ON.) 
Using the Square Nestabilities I trimmed the picture in teal and tan Bazzill cardstock and pop-dotted it on top of a strip of brown ribbon, then tied a bow in brown ribbon and glue dotted it on the corner of the baby photo.
I then added 3 brass brads to the bottom of the card to look like the snaps on the Onesie.

Now Chase's card:

Skin: E01, E00 & E000
Pants: E47, E44, E43 & E42
Shirt: B97, B95, B93 & B91
Diaper: C01 & C0
Eyes and fingernails: used glaze pen to make them shiny

I used an A2 card and backed it with a pattern paper from Creative Memories Baby Boy photo mats, used Creative Memories paper ribbon in brown and secured it with two blue safety pins on each end.  I added 3 buttons under the sentiment witch is an old stamp I have had for years. 
To make the baby pop I cut him out of Spellbinders Nestabilities Label 11 then framed him with Creative Memories paper from the same photo mat pack.

Here is a view of the inside of Chase's card and the envelope;
The sentiment inside the card is from Creative Memories velum Baby Boy pack, and the crib stamp on the envelope is from the $1.50 bin at Michaels.
Hope you enjoyed today's post (and I hope I covered everything). Enjoy your weekend and I will see you soon:)

Shari

2 comments:

  1. oh isn't he precious!! These are beautiful Shari!!!
    hugs & blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful projects, Shari! I really love the onesie card. Thanks so much for stopping by during The Twinery + The Greeting Farm Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...